Sunday, May 9, 2010

Chair Facelift

Back when Jon and I moved into our first house, we bought a table and chair set from Value City Furniture. The set came with a 5th chair, which we put in our office. Because, really, we don't even need the 4 to begin with considering we eat in front of the TV (don't pretend you don't do it, too!). Here's what the chair looked like before:

The quality of the chair is pretty good, but the fabric is a dark green, fake velvety number. Then, I found this beauty at Joann's. It was on sale for $6.99 a yard. I only needed a little more than 1/2 a yard for this project.

My friend lent me a staple gun (remind me to ask for one for my birthday...I love it). I was able to recover the seat pretty easily because I just covered right over the existing fabric.

I also spray painted the wood in a glossy warm yellow, which matches perfectly with the fabric.

I love the finished project, which is now tempting me to redo the other four chairs in our dining set. Jon is concerned that the wheels are a-turning....

Sincerely,
Megan

3 comments:

  1. Furniture Blogs info provides You a lot of furniture advice from choosing your right furniture for your home and office.

    Regards,
    Mac
    Office Furniture Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete